Hey peeps! Long time no talk! I decided that in 2018 I was going to do these posts a tinyyy bit differently. I wanted to highlight some more products that I’m using and loving since you guys said you liked that when I wrote a blog post before. So let me know how you like this format in the comments section!
- I finished my first semester of grad school — I seriously can’t believe it went that fast. It’s kind of crazy. There were definitely some moments where I wasn’t sure I was going to even make it past the first month or two but I’m happy to report that I made it and it was only half-bad.
- Failed at Vlogmas yet again — GUYS. I’m so sorry. But I have a (semi) good explanation for this. I filmed days 17 and 18 and then we flew to Oklahoma where I was with Ryan’s parents and the vlogging just kind of fell off. AND the day before my trip I sprained my ankle so I was dealing with that. It was not fun. Maybe third time is the charm? Next year let’s shoot for all 25 days of Vlogmas!
- We went to LA! — Blog post coming soon. I’m hoping to do a travel-diary format because I don’t feel like I’m an expert on LA by any means but I do want to give my advice and let you know the cool stuff we did. We packed a LOT into just 8 days!
- Received two amazing packages from Caitlyn — THIS GIRL was my Secret Santa for TWO different Secret Santa gift exchanges. I won the lottery because this girl is an awesome gift-giver. I received two books in the bookish Secret Santa (FIND HER by Lisa Gardner and A STRANGER IN THE HOUSE by Shari Lapena) and some amazing face masks, some nail polish, and a super-cute mug in the blogger Secret Santa! She’s the best so definitely check out her blog.
- Started winter semester — Winter semester started on January 3rd and I’m taking two classes right now. One of them is Foundations of Clinical Practice II and it’s super chill and mostly just guest lectures and reflection papers. I’m also taking a fluency (stuttering) course right now. I have Fluency on Monday/Wednesday from 12:30-3:30 and then Foundations II on Tuesday/Thursday from 12:30-3:30. Not terrible but it’s kind of crazy because we only have 4 weeks of class and we already had a snow day!
- Ryan and I celebrated our 6 year anniversary!!!! What?!?! — I can’t believe we’ve been together for SIX years. It’s crazy. But awesome. Have you read the story of how we met? It’s so good. Ryan wrote it!
- Ryan and I watched The Good Place and our minds were blown — The Good Place is on Netflix and then the current season is on the NBC app. We’re officially caught up on Season 2 now! When we finished Season 1 our minds were blown so we’ve been binge watching all week and we’re finally up to speed.
- Movies we saw: Star Wars: The Last Jedi, Jumanji, Pitch Perfect 3, The Greatest Showman, Molly’s Game — You guys know we love the movies and these are the ones we’ve seen most recently. My favorite of them is probably Molly’s Game. It was so good! I want to see I, Tonya next.
- Finished my first book of 2018: Mr. Penumbra’s 24-Hour Bookstore by Robin Sloan — I gave this one 3/5 stars. I’m reading The Woman in the Window now!
- A new key fob (why is it called that?) from this Etsy shop! You guys helped me pick a color on Instagram and I decided to go with the green one!
- Hydro Flask — I FINALLY got myself a Hydro Flask! I got the 32 oz wide mouth with the straw lid in the “plum” color. I seriously can’t wait to use it!
- Adidas sneakers — I’ve really been wanting some Ultraboosts but they’re just not in my budget right now. I have Asics for running and working out but I like more casual looking shoes to wear with leggings when I’m out running errands or having a chill day of class. These are sold out in a lot of sizes but they had them in an 8.5 so that’s what I got! I’m typically in between 8.5 and 9 in sneakers so I just went with the 8.5 because they were in stock. They’re really cute and affordable so I snagged them!
- My first-ever pair of Vans — I showed these on a Vlogmas video but I got these white perforated leather vans before our trip to LA! I love them, they’re super cute and look great with jeans. I can’t wait to wear them more in the spring.
What I’m Loving
- True Grit pullover — one of my FAV Christmas presents! It’s so cozy, I’ve been living in it at home.
- Book of the Month — I probably will never shut up about this, I love BOTM! There are always such great books to choose from and you get them at such a cheap price.
- Face masks — My favorites are from Freeman Beauty! You can get them online at Ulta.
- My new Michael Kors purse — Another Christmas present I’ve been so thankful for! It’s such a great purse, I love the color and the size. It fits so much!
- Leggings — Another thing I’ve been LIVING in lately. I have two pairs of Lululemon leggings I’ve been wearing like crazy. They’re so comfy and perfect for hanging out at home, working out, or wearing to class!
What have you guys been up to lately? Are you ready for your spring semester? What was your favorite Christmas gift you received? Let me know in the comments!