Helloooo friends! I’m back with another chit chat post because I haven’t published one since the beginning of October and that’s kinda crazy to me. Reminder that I asked you to fill out a reader survey a few months ago (if you haven’t done it you can fill it out here!) and a lot of you said you liked and wanted to see more personal posts and life updates throughout grad school soooooo here’s what has been going on with me:
- We’re officially decorated for Christmas! Ryan and I (mostly me because Ryan’s lowkey a scrooge) put up our tree RIGHT after we got home from my parents for Thanksgiving. I really want this to become a tradition with us because I love how cozy the place feels with the tree and lights up already! I watched 3 Christmas movies on Black Friday so you know I was super eager to get in the spirit.
- New shows I’ve watched and finished: Mindhunter and Stranger Things 2! Both are definitely worth the watch if you haven’t seen them yet. Ryan and I also watched the first episode of The Good Place on Netflix and I think we might get into that too. I’m also watching This Is Us but I didn’t watch the midseason finale on Tuesday so don’t spoil it!
- It’s officially end of semester grind season. This past week I’ve had things due every single day and I really don’t see an end in sight until after the semester ends. Keep me in your thoughts, guys.
- I’ve been uploading some more on YouTube lately! I did my Grad School Q&A video that you probably saw already and I also uploaded a Drive With Me video that includes a playlist too! If you look in the sidebar of my blog you’ll see a thumbnail of my most recent video.
- Speaking of YouTube, I’m doing Vlogmas this year and although I probably won’t be uploading every day, I will try to still film and then get everything up on the weekends when I don’t have so much schoolwork to do!
- Ryan and I have been hitting up the movies on the weekends now that it has gotten colder. Since we last chatted we saw: Thor: Ragnarok, Murder on the Orient Express, Daddy’s Home 2, and I saw Wonder with my mom last week (I cried my eyes out).
- We also officially booked our annual winter vacation… we’re going to LA! I’m so excited because I’ve never been to the west coast before. If you’ve been to LA, send me your recs! We’re big foodies so we’re v excited about the food scene there as you can imagine.
- Before we go to LA, though, we’re stopping in Oklahoma to visit Ryan’s family and we’ll be there for Christmas. It will be kinda weird not spending the holidays with my family for the first time in my 22 years of life, but I’m excited to see them!
How is the end of the semester treating you all? Any big Christmas/holiday plans? What are you most looking forward to right now? Let me know in the comments!