Happy Friday! Today’s post is another chit chat/life update post. I love sharing what’s going on with me and I hope that these posts will be something I can look back on as I go through grad school! Really excited that more of my blogger friends have been doing this same thing and sharing more about what’s going on in their lives. I’m super nosy so I’m happy to read all the deetz. Mwahaha.
Here’s what has been going on with me over the past two weeks:
- Ryan and I were in West Chester last weekend and we tried a new brunch spot! The pic above is from The Classic Diner. SUPER good bacon and they’re known for their Eggs Benedict (which Ryan got and said was amazingggg)
- I have finally received every. single. planner. for this year’s planner post! I hope to have it up sometime early next week so GET EXCITED. I work really hard at researching fun, new planners for you all and I’m proud that you all come to me for advice in choosing the best planner for you. I definitely am going to have a hard time picking a planner this year because I found some really awesome new companies!
- I’m officially on Harry Potter book 5 and I’m so excited that I’m getting through the series for the first time! Book 5 is going a little slow for me but I’m hoping to have it finished by the middle of next week at the latest.
- I’ve been having such a hard time getting motivated to go to the gym! Ryan is always down to go after work and I. CANNOT. Handle. It. Going to the gym is the last thing I want to do after working from 6AM-5PM. I’m the type of person who likes to work out as early in the day as possible and have it done with. But yesterday Ryan let me have some of his pre workout and LET ME TELL YOU, it made such a huge difference. I don’t know if I’d be able to handle post-work workouts without it.
- I’m super anxious to get my grad school schedule! Hopefully I’ll have it in the next few weeks. I also started a “grad school wishlist” and a grad school resource binder with some fun printouts and stuff from my undergrad classes that I think will help me succeed in grad school. I got that idea from Jessica (a new grad student like me who just started a blog about speech stuff AND is selling on TPT already!)
- I really love my Moleskine journal and I know I told you guys I would be “bullet journaling” but I guess I lied to you. What I’m doing isn’t really bullet journaling. I’m still keeping a traditional planner but I’m using my Moleskine for more of the “collections” side of bullet journaling (here are some examples). I really want to write a post soon since I have a lot of different things set up in there now so keep an eye out for that!
- I GET TO SEE MY BEST FRIEND THIS WEEKEND! It’s not under great circumstances (my Nana’s memorial service is on Sunday) but I haven’t seen Kelsey in a few months (since before she started her summer grad school course… she’s in PT school) and I can’t wait to see how she is and how it all went. Of course, we text and Snapchat occasionally but there’s nothing like seeing and catching up with your BFF in person!
- Speaking of my Nana’s memorial service… I’m going to be singing “I’ll Fly Away” with my 12 year old cousin Rachel and *fingers crossed* I don’t cry. We sang the song at my Pop-Pop’s service too back in 2015 but I was wayyyy too much of a mess to even think about singing in front of people. This time, I’ll 1. have back up and 2. I’ll be playing guitar so hopefully I’m okay!
Answer these in the comments:
What are you currently LOVING? (can be anything! food, a certain product, song, book, etc)
If you could turn yourself into a school supply what would you want to be?
Would you rather have a month off for vacation but only travel within 100 miles of your home OR have a week off and get to go wherever you wanted in the world?