Happy Friday! Does anyone else feel like July is FLYING by? I mean, seriously, I feel like it was just the Fourth of July. Can time slow down? Pleaseandthanks. Here’s what has been going on with me lately:
- I guess first thing’s first: my Nana passed away last night. She has been sick for a while and has been battling lung cancer for years. My Pop Pop died 3 years ago so I’m happy that they are finally reunited. I’m strangely at peace with it all. I knew it would be coming sooner or later so I guess that has been helping me to not feel too upset. She had a laryngectomy (fellow SLPs will know what I’m taking about!) about 2 years ago so she has not been able to speak. I hope that once I become an SLP I can do more work with laryngectomees in her memory.
- Ryan and I are slowly getting our West Chester apartment unpacked and ready! I’m really excited because the place is the perfect size for us, has 4 huge windows with tons of natural light, and is within walking distance to town and some great brunch spots (check out the ‘gram for a snap of my cinnamon bun pancakes)! I can’t wait to do an apartment tour as soon as it starts looking a bit more put together!
- I ordered a Moleskine journal a few weeks ago and yesterday I worked on figuring out how I want to set it up. I don’t think I could do bullet journaling for my schoolwork and assignments, but I DO want to use it for other things like what I did that day, my reading list, and for tracking habits and mood. I joined a bunch of FB groups yesterday to get some inspo and have been pinning stuff on Pinterest like crazy! If you have any fav posts or Pinterest boards on bullet journaling, leave them in the comments!
- I’m halfway through Harry Potter book 3! Ryan and I are still trying to finish the second movie too. He was gone for two days this week so we didn’t get to watch after work.
- I FINALLY got a mani/pedi yesterday. I’ve been in desperate need of one for weeks so it feels really nice to have pretty nails! I chose this color for my fingers and toes! It’s a really pretty bright coral.
- I’m so beyond tired of the NSale posts which stinks because today the sale opened to the public. Almost everything every blogger has shared is sold out so that made me do a HUGE eye roll this morning. You’re all sharing the same stuff and none of us plebeians can even buy it!!!! I did get two things though: this cute top that I didn’t even see anyone share (we’ll see how it fits) and this thermal top which is apparently really comfy.
Three things I learned this week:
- I don’t remember much of the third Harry Potter book even though I def read it before.
- Heluva Good french onion dip is my newest weakness!!!!
- There are a lot of people who aren’t perfect bullet journal-ers and I’m about to be one of them! Let me know in the comments if you want to see a post on my method (once I figure one out that is)
Answer these in the comments:
Chips, pretzels, or popcorn? Bright or neutral nail polish? Favorite thing to do on a rainy day?