Welcome to Friday! How’s it going? I’m back with another chit chat post. This week I started a new job and I figured I should probably fill you guys in on what has been happening. So, here we go…
- I started working for Henkels & McCoy (yes, Ryan works for them too!) as an office clerk. Right now I’ve been helping with new hires, making lots of copies, and sorting forms. I have to work 6 days a week (yes, I work Saturdays) and I’m at the office for over 12 hours/day (mostly just waiting for Ryan to be able to leave) but it has honestly been kind of fun! I’m sure in a few weeks I’ll be wanting to just curl up in a ball and sleep forever but I really like everyone I’m working with and I don’t have to dress up and I get to make binders so like, what more could I ask for?
- The #KaylaBlogsAnnualPlannerPost is ALMOST HERE! Stay tuned. There have been some awesome developments over the last two weeks and I’m so excited about the brands I’ll be working with. I’m bringing back some brands from last year but I’m making sure there are a lot of new brands for you to check out as well!
- Ryan and I moved out of his house! Still working on filming a video with him about what’s actually happening in our lives but we have moved everything in his house to 1 room and then we’ll be moving all of that stuff to our NEW APARTMENT in 2 weeks. I’m so hype. I can’t wait to show you guys.
- We moved out of his house and to an area near Scranton, PA. Last night we got to catch a baseball game and we hit up the gym once this week and went to dinner! There aren’t many places around here to hang out but we’re going to make due with what we got.
- I sent out the first Kayla Blogs newsletter in a WHILE. I’m excited to get back into writing newsletters and letting you all in on some secrets. Be sure you’re signed up here!
- I’m struggling with coming up with Instagram content. I’m stuck in a trailer in the middle of a construction yard for 12 hours/day and the apartment we’re staying in is definitely not IG worthy. We’re in a basement which equals pretty much 0 natural light. If you have any tips on what to do when your surroundings are less than ideal for Instagram, pleasepleaseplease let me know. I need help.
- Which brings me to my next thing… I’m officially using Liketoknow.it! This means you’ll be able to shop some of my Instagram posts and blog posts a little bit easier. I know I’m not a fashion blogger and I’m not intending to start that (hello awkwardness in front of the camera) BUT I’m excited about hopefully being able to link you guys to more products that I’m loving and purchasing.
- I’ve been doing a lot of online shopping (but not actually buying) and I’ve seriously put over $400 worth of clothes and accessories from American Eagle into my cart. Not joking. I linked some of my favs below!
Three things I learned this week:
- There is SO much lingo in pipeline. Everyone has a special trade or title and it sometimes makes my head spin. I’m finally getting it down though!
- I need more hard hat stickers. I had to do some training when I got hired and they give out stickers at the end for the workers to put on their hard hats. I didn’t have one (nor do I really need one) but I wanted one so I could put my stickers on. I ended up going home with a hard hat, some safety glasses, and a safety vest by the end of my second day #winning.
- How to make copies using a big fancy copier. I’m getting better.
What have you been up to this week? Answer these three questions in the comments below:
1. Favorite nail polish color?
2. Hats or headbands?
3. What song are you jamming to a lot lately?