I guess I’m making these update posts more of a thing now! I’ve had so much to update you on the past few months because I’ve been taking lots of blogging breaks (sorry y’all) but I also like just filling you in on the random stuff that’s happening in Kayla World. Here’s what’s new:
- I finished college! Still waiting for my final grades to be posted but I officially finished my first (and last) final today which means I’m FREE. It’s kind of bittersweet because I’m definitely going to miss Temple but I’m not going to miss my Behavior Analysis class lol.
- I graduate on Thursday/Friday! Thursday is the University-Wide commencement and Friday is the College of Public Health’s ceremony. Really excited for this weekend and to say a formal goodbye to Temple. I’m also thinking of vlogging during graduation. Is that crazy?
- Now that it’s officially summer I’m reading more! I already finished one book this past week (that puts me at 8/25 books for the year!) and I’ve started another already. I just started receiving Book of the Month boxes and if you like getting hardcover books for cheap I suggest you sign up. If you use my link you’ll get your first month for $1 and I’ll get a free book! It’s a win/win situation. I’m not getting paid for this I just want to help you get cheap books! AND we can be book buddies.
- Ryan and I have been trying to eat low carb lately and BOY has it been a struggle. I honestly never realized how obsessed I was with carbs/food in general until my choices became restricted. It has been getting easier but I’ve cheated a few times already… oops
- I went shopping with my mom last week and got this amazing dress from J. Crew for graduation! It was only $40 at the J. Crew Factory store and it’s UD colors!
- I’m not gonna have a lot of free time this summer (I’m going to get a full time job hopefully… need that $$$ for grad school) but I will be working on making the Blogging College Facebook group the best it can be! I’ve been considering making changes/passing the torch to an undergraduate student and possibly starting a new group but I’m just not sure what I want to do yet exactly.
- Ryan and I went to my last formal last week! He had a blast dancing and enjoying the open bar lol (if you have me on snapchat you probably saw a plethora of great videos) I finally got to wear this dress from Francesca’s that I ordered last year but never got to wear because it was delivered too late!
- This past weekend was all for my brother! I don’t talk about him much on here but he’s a senior and is wrapping up his senior year and baseball season right now. He’s going to the University of Virginia in the fall to play baseball and I’m super proud of him! I’ve enjoyed watching him play close to home and taking prom pics for him and his friends.
- Like last year, I’m going to write a post about my blogging goals for this summer. I have a few big posts planned, including my annual planner post (get excited!) but I’m hoping to chat with y’all more often and in a more casual way like this. The big, thought out posts are nice but it is all becoming so redundant. I love blogging because I love documenting what’s going on with me and my life and helping all of you with college/finding the right planner/finding good books to read, etc. I’m sick of writing posts just because I feel like I have to! Blogging is becoming less and less of a creative break for me and more of a cause of stress. I’m hoping this summer I’ll fall back in love with it and I’ll be able to blog more freely and openly throughout grad school!